38th Fighter Wing Questions

138th Fighter Wing Questions If your question relates specifically to 138th Fighter Wing, please see the questions below. If you have a question which is not addressed here, you may find the answer by visiting the Questions page of Air National Guard, or the Questions page of Air Force Link. For general military questions, please refer to the Department of Defense's FAQs page.

138th Fighter Wing Personnel Office Information:

9100 E 46TH ST N
TULSA OK 74115

Hours of Operation:
0800-1100 and 1300-1600 Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Closed on all Federal Holidays

Walk-in Customers
All walk-in customers are seen on a first come, first serve basis. Wait times for walk-ins can be up to 2 hours if we are very busy. We thank you for your patience.

All customers who are age 21 and older must have two (unexpired) forms of ID to get a new ID card made. One of them must be a state or government issued photo ID. This applies to all customers

Dependant ID Cards
For dependant ID cards, the sponsor must be present to sign the DD Form 1172. If the sponsor is not available, the dependant must have a previously signed 1172 (within 90 days of signature) signed by their sponsor and the VO/SSM or a Power of Attorney. Call for further details.

Adding a spouse to DEERS
When adding a spouse to DEERS, the sponsor needs to bring the following documents for their spouse: Marriage Certificate, birth certificate, social security card, & a photo id. All documents must be originals or certified copies.

Adding children to DEERS
When adding a child to DEERS, the sponsor must have the following documents for the child: birth certificate & social security card. If a stepchild is being added, the marriage certificate is also needed. Documents must be originals or certified copies.

Full Time College Students
All College students must bring a letter from their school registrar's office stating that they are enrolled full time in an accredited college in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher with their projected graduation date to have dependant benefits extended to age 23 and receive an ID card.

Pre-Arrival Checklist What to Bring:

1. Bring two forms of acceptable unexpired identification.
One form of identification must be a photo ID issued by a state or federal agency.
The second form of identification can be any of a list of secondary documents, such as a birth certificate or Social Security Number card. A complete list of acceptable identification documents are listed below.
Sponsors and adult Family Members (including children over age 21) must bring two forms of unexpired acceptable identification. Examples of acceptable identity documents include:
· DoD Identification Card (DoD Sponsor or DoD Family Member card issued to you)
· Driver's License
· Social Security Card
· Birth Certificate
· Voter's Registration Card
· U.S. Passport
· Photo ID Card issued by federal, state, or local government
· Foreign Passport
· Foreign National ID with photo
· INS Forms to include Form N-560, N-561, N-550, N-570, I-151, I-551, I-688, I-688A, I-327 I-571, I-688B


Collapse All Expand All
 General Information

How can I contact military personnel?

The Air Force World Wide Locator offered by the Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC) handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force Personnel. Official requests are defined as requests received from any government agency and the Department of Defense (DoD). All other requests are considered unofficial in nature.

The Air Force World Wide Locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the U.S. Air Force (Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, Retired and Civil Service Personnel). If the individual has separated from the Air Force, no information is available. To obtain or find out more information about the service, you can contact AFPC at:

550 C Street West Suite 50
Randolph AFB TX 78150-4752

Commercial: (210) 565-2660
Military to Military: DSN 665-2660

Customer Service Hours:
Monday - Friday (except Federal Holidays)
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time)

E-mail: afpc.pa.dlist@randolph.af.mil

If you need to contact a military member for emergency purposes, call your local Red Cross chapter -- go to the Red Cross Web site and enter your zip code on the home page.

How can I obtain copies of my military records?

Individual military departments, including the Air Force, do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the U.S. Government.

An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number or present address.

If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis MO 63132
Phone: 314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272 (1-86-NARA-NARA)
For individuals compiling family histories, NARA provides assistance to those interested in genealogy. NARA normally charges a nominal fee for research and reproduction costs. Their address is:

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20408

I have questions about the Air National Guard or the National Guard Bureau. How do I get answers?

National Guard Almanac (34th Ed, 2008), Copies can be purchased for $12.00 + $3.50 shipping. Contact: UNIFORMED SERVICES ALMANAC, INC., P.O. Box 4144, Falls Church, VA 22044. Phone: 703-532-1631.

I would like to sell a product/service to the Air National Guard?

Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations, any contracting opportunities/projects the National Guard undertakes are solicited via normal contracting procedures, including approval from the Acquisition Planning Board.

Tto find out about contracting opportunities with the National Guard, log on to the Commerce Business Daily Web site. All solicitations on behalf of the Guard can be found on that site.

What are my benefits as an Air National Guardsman?

For information on the benefits of being an Air National Guardsman, visit the Air Reserve Personnel Center Web site.